We want to thank, Upland for making CalCounties Fire Protection Inc. the #1 choice for fire extinguisher inspection
We have been providing fire extinguisher service all over Upland since 1984 and we're ideally suited to help you with your business's fire protection needs.
The Importance Of Fire Extinguisher Maintenance
As a business owner, it can be very easy to forget about your fire extinguishers until it's time to use them. Nevertheless, if not adequately maintained, you might be putting your employees, guests, and business grounds at major risk. Considering that fire extinguisher are your first line of defense when it comes to stopping the spread of a fire, it's vital that you keep them in working order.
Check the tags
On the day your fire extinguishers are delivered to your facilities, they need to first be commissioned. This simply means that they must be assembled in the proper manner, and a variety of checks must be performed on them to guarantee they are effective from the day they are purchased.
As soon as these checks have actually been completed, a maintenance tag will be connected to the extinguisher, outlining crucial information concerning the checks that were performed and the extinguisher itself. These will include:
- The date
- The weight of the extinguisher information of the individual carrying out the checks
- The next service date
- The extended service date (the date the extinguisher needs to be actively tested to ensure it operates properly).
Although the law states that fire extinguishers should be checked annually, we recommend that checks should be completed monthly. These checks should ensure that your extinguishers are all in working order when it comes round to that annual check-up. When performing these checks, look for the following:
- No superficial wear and tear
- The pressure gauge is at the correct level
- Anti-tamper seals haven’t been broken
- No locking pins missing
Fire Extinguisher Inspection Checklist
- Verify the extinguisher is visible, unhampered, and also in its designated place.
- Confirm the locking pin is intact and the tamper seal is unbroken.
- Take a look at the extinguisher for noticeable physical damage, deterioration, leakage, or clogged nozzle.
- Confirm the pressure gauge or indicator remains in the operable range or position, and lift the extinguisher to make sure it is still full.
- Make sure the operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and also facing outward.
- Check the last professional service date on the tag. (A licensed fire extinguisher maintenance service provider must have evaluated the extinguisher within the past year.)
- Initial and date the back of the tag.
Keep in mind: An A-B-C fire extinguisher can be utilized on all kinds of fires.
Why Choose CalCounties Fire Protection Inc.
- Family Owned & Operated
- Emergency Services Available
- Serving So-Cal Since 1984
- Highly Trained Personnel
- Upfront Low Pricing
- 5-Star Google and Yelp Customer Reviews
- Low Rates, No Surprises
- We Are Always On-Time
- California Licensed & Fully Insured
CalCounties Fire Protection Inc. is a family-owned business serving the Upland, California area. We are the leading fire protection service provider in all 5 counties of the Southern California region. With over 40 years of experience, we are a full-service fire protection company specializing in all business's fire protection needs. Based in the Inland Empire, you can expect live answering service with fast response times. Our vehicles are properly labeled, and our technicians are all professionally trained and uniformed. We offer 24/7 emergency service.